You are not connected. Please login or register

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) [May Contain SPOILERS!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Watta

I thought it would be good to make a thread about this manga/anime since I saw that we got some fans up in here cheers 

For those who don't have any idea about this series, just read the quote below (taken from Wikipedia)
Attack on Titan (進撃の巨人 Shingeki no Kyojin?, lit. "Advancing Giants") is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The story centers around the life of Eren Jaeger and his adoptive sister Mikasa Ackerman, who live in a world where the remnants of the human population live inside cities surrounded by enormous walls due to the sudden appearance of the Titans, gigantic humanoid creatures who devour humans seemingly without reason. Their lives are changed forever after the appearance of a colossal Titan brings about the destruction of their home and the death of their mother, spurring them to enter the army to battle the Titans themselves.

I recently just got up to date with the manga, and chapter 47 just came out today as well. It's getting quite interesting now, but my only complaint is that WHY IS IT TAKING FOREVER TO GIVE US SOME MORE INTEL ABOUT THE WHOLE TITAN SHIFTER THING!?!?!111oneone

Plus it seems that those other guys are pretty old, Ymir being over 60. There was even a titan referring to another scout who looked similar to her as "Ymir-sama"... This seems kinda fishy here... >_>

Anyway, post your thoughts/complaints/whatever you wanna share or ask about Shingeki no Kyojin here

Very Happy 

Shivam

How good is this?

I was planning to watch the anime so I thought I should ask...

Watta

I have incredibly crap internet so I can't say much about the anime, but the manga is excellent.

There's about 47 chapters so far and most have around 30-50 pages per chapter since you only get 1 chapter released per month ;_;

It's great to read, especially for a nice change from more shonnen stuff. I recommend reading it unless you don't like violence, because this manga/anime is VERY violent (people getting eaten alive, etc.). My friends have watched the anime and they say its great like the manga.

You won't regret it, but you might get pissed since not much progress in terms of terminology of the titans have been made Razz

Shivam

People getting eaten alive? This just the type of anime I wanted. :3

Thanks.

Yin

I've been watching the Anime and I have to say...the opening is the best I've ever seen :Pit's the only one I don't skip. Plus Sasha Braus Cool Anyways, I've read the first two chapters of the manga aaaaand...idk, it doesn't seem so "good quality" compared to the anime...does the art style improve later on..? Im kinda picky about stuff like this Razz

Kiyon

Aqua Leader
That's still airing isn't it? I'm just waiting it to finish so I can start it.

Yin

Yep, only like 13 or so episodes so far. Just watch the opening though, it's awesome Razz

Zenesis

for who love action anime i prefer SnK (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Watta

Yeah the quality of the anime is very movie like, sort of like K-Project (another great anime).

The story is no where even close to finishing. More like starting tbh so I recommend start watching it now.

The manga's art style does get a bit better later on, especially with all the people getting eaten Razz but honestly, the manga's atmosphere is great IMO compared to other manga's I've read before.

Genesis

As I've told Watta in the past, I'll stick to watching the anime since the manga is ongoing (plus the anime is gorgeous Smile )
Love this anime!!!!!!!

pack5642

gotta say i never thought i would see a famous manga style crappier than HXH, AOT really showed me the definition of crap manga style with an awesomely epic story. i was expecting the latest chapter to be a flashback or tell more history about the titans but noooooo, gotta got get that one girl thats useless. way to go killing the chapter ymir

Watta

xD

Man I felt like crying after seeing the epicness of the anime

Zenesis

lol same here +1

Watta

The top voted comment made me laugh my ass off xD

Man, why does the author take a damn month to make this shit?!?! Evil or Very Mad

Zenesis

"I took that wall out like a champ. Breathing fire is my thing"
lol

Watta

What makes it extra funny is that the guy who wrote that comment's YouTube Username is "Armored Titan" and even his avatar is of the armored titan XD

God I love this manga/anime Razz

Zenesis

yeah lol, this anime/manga will rule soon

Watta

Yeah, the manga is already one of the top manga being read. The anime is also in a good position on the charts

pack5642

it only gets awesomer later

unless you are caught up in the manga dont read this:
i wanna see white haired female titan vs eren the animation on this will blow up minds

Watta

He got owned so bad yo xD

pack5642

lol who cares, it was still awesome. the titans movements are already epic, now imagine 2 fighting martial arts.....kabooooooom

Watta

uuuugghhh new chapter came out today bros.

It was all talk, NOT ENOUGH VIOLENCE!!! Personally, I think we barely had any plot progression at all >:C

Though Ymir did say some interesting stuff >_>

Zenesis

gotta read now

Mario

Lightning
Damn it, I watched the anime, and it so awesome, time to start reading manga xD

Maxlance

Lightning
The anime is just just too good lol !

Mario

Lightning
Yeah! xD
I think it is not my second fav. anime of all time, after one piece Razz

Watta

Yeah man. The manga's art style is a bit rough but the level of action is really high.

It's great Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum